Family is Everything

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Here we go again...

I don't know about you but I just get floored with each year I mean I know its coming, I know I can't stop it and here she is blowing out her birthday cake and yes that is a #3 on top. Ivy had her birthday this month and turned 3 - there I said it and unfortunately whether I want it or not she is another year older. I am honest when I say that I feel this way with each of my kids and so for 5 days out of every year- I am so sad for how quickly it is all happening. Ivy has had a busy year with her chatting hitting record levels, her dollies becoming her best friends, she has held on strong to her love for Dora but has allowed a few new friends to be invited into her circle- Backyardigans (such catchy music!), Max and Ruby, Diego and I have encouraged (forced) her to love Strawberry Shortcake (they smell so good!) and the biggest achievement - potty trained - YAY!!! This is the one milestone I wish we could get over with quicker but after 3- yes 3 tries she's got it and proved to me once again that she has her own mind about things. She is such a girl which in a house filled to the brim with Nerf guns, Star wars and Lego is quite an achievement. She loves to play with her kitchen and is always asking for anyone to come to her room and play with her. She loves to color, play play dough and read stories. She has taken to bringing her purse with her places I mean seriously could she be more fun?!!

A few new Strawberry Shortcake friends
Blowing out the candles

She was pretty excited about it

I have waited a long time to have a girl birthday party- so this year was it and we had it on Valentine's day so it was a pink & red extravaganza!
Strawberry flavored cupcakes!
When you are 3 everybody helps with the gift opening!
I thought they were pretty

Coloring the Dora place mats
Sometimes you need a little help to stay in the lines
Making Valentine's
Ivy and her friends

As hard as it is to watch her get older- I loved planning her party and watching her with her friends- girls are so different lots more coloring, stickers and pink. I love pink.

2 comments:

  1. She is a lucky girl to have you for a mom - looks like the party was a huge hit. I always loved Strawberry Shortcake too - I might even have a few things my girls would be willing to let go of that could add to her new interest. I'll look around... Glad she had such a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun couple months in your house. I can't believe Cooper is 8, and Ivy is 3 already, where has the time gone????

    ReplyDelete