Family is Everything

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

By Special Request for Elder Nelson

This is for Elder Nelson... as well as for Cory and in all honesty for me. I want to use this platform as a place to record our family. I have tried and failed many times to keep this history but as we were driving our first missionary to the airport he asked if I could 'try to start doing the blog again' and my hubby has often said he goes to this page when he is having a hard day at work and it makes him smile and remember why he works so hard - so for those reasons I want to be better at this and will try hard to keep it up to date.

    This first post is about Elder Max Nelson!


     Morning he left we got the kids up at 3:45am to say their 'See ya laters' - no goodbyes here!






Elder Nelson and his first companion




Car selfie - We are on our way to the Stake Center for his Setting Apart as a Missionary for 
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


Nobody can really prepare you for what it is like to send your son, the one who has always been with you since starting this parenting thing, away on an airplane for 2 years. I held it together pretty well (yeah right!). Cory seemed so proud of Max and I wanted him to know I felt proud of him as well but I just cried and asked him to stay in our hug a little longer. After 'we' let go and he started to the line of people I asked Cory to please go tell him how much I loved him and I wanted him to have a wonderful experience because I worried he would remember me as a blubbering mess! Cory and I stayed and watched him get through security and I fretted about his carry on not having a label! After much fretting and patience on behalf of my husband we talked a security agent into yelling his name so we could give him a tag we found at a ticket desk... so Max's last words from me were 'Put your name on your bag!' At least it was true to form... I am what I am... a controlling but loving Mom :). It was a long day with no information on his arrival at the airport or that he found his luggage or that he made it to the MTC shuttle or that he arrived at the MTC. I really think someone should have the job to call all the plane arrives parents to let them know their missionaries at least arrived but we received a sweet email from our Elder at 10:30pm - he arrived and would write more on his P-day- what a relief! It is Tuesday today and I can't remember being more excited for a Tuesday. I have so many questions - which he may or may not answer but most of all I want to hear whatever it is he wants to share with us... can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! So happy you are going to 'try' to do this again. I have to agree with Cory, sometimes this is my way to keeping up with your family. We Bunnages are terrible at regular communication, I blame Dad!! I have your blog on my Feedly, so I see anytime you post and was so happy to see this, this morning! Love you and I'm so proud of Max. he will be a great missionary!! Please hug all your children for me. ~ Rylinn

    ReplyDelete