Family is Everything

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What we've been up to... and Brody!

I know it has been forever since I put anything new up here- life is just really busy and when I do get a minute this is not at the top of the list- so while quite a few of you have already heard about the haps in our family here are the latest pics!



So Cooper had grown a ton and just about all his pants look like he's headed into shallow water!!
He's grown 2 inches since Dec. 28th - he is going to catch his older brother- UH-OH!!!




On the way down to Utah we hit the Idaho Falls temple



The boys were so excited to see the Lakers- in this pic Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher

The view from our nosebleed seats



After the LA Victory- pretty cool for us - as 1/2 our house are LA fans!!


They snuck down on the floors and were promptly asked to leave



It was such a neat thing to be able to go a little slower and enjoy Temple Square at our own pace. (Yup they are pretty much the same height to ones delight and the others dismay!)



Waiting for our session to begin



The conference centre is MASSIVE- the most LDS I have ever seen in one place or probably will ever again!



It was a really neat experience- neither Cory or I had ever attended conference live- pretty awesome to be able to have our 2 oldest there with us






Tanner is such a bear- he now growls at me until I get him what he wants!! Can't wait until he starts to talk!!


Ivy now tilts her head in pics



Happy 6th Birthday Brody!!!



I love this little guy so much- he is the life of our family party!




These were supposed to look like the 1-up and BIG mushrooms on Mario



Jumping on Goomba balloons- so much fun for the boys!







The Pinata was a "Chomp" from Super Mario Galaxy



Watch out!



Some eager little boys



Having a Saturday night Fondue

I wanted to take a minute and write down some thoughts on Brody as it was his b-day post and I took the time for Cooper and Ivy. Brody is the life of our family party- he is always bouncing - literally - with all these ideas. He just can't get the words out fast enough to explain it all to you right. He is a tight little ball of exploding enthusiasm. I love his spirit and excitement for everything. Brody loves school- like loves it. He is obsessed with the calendar and what day we are doing things and for how long and No we are never doing anything for long enough- when we go camping he always asks "How many sleeps?" and no matter if its 2 nights or 10 it is always met with disappointment. Life is just one long adventure for Brody- he hates to sit still but I know how hard he tries when he knows he is supposed too. Each and every Sunday morning Brody comes up the stairs and informs us he had to cough last night so he probably shouldn't go to church- but honestly sometimes I find it hard to sit still for that long- but he tries. Brody tries to do everything his big bros are doing and is so disappointed when the answer to the question is "You're not old enough" He always tells me "Its not fair that he will never be bigger than Cooper and Max- b/c he really wants to be!!" Brody or Bo-bo as he has always been known at our house is a cuddlebug- quick to get a blanket and snuggle up close on the couch for a movie or story. Another thing that is so funny about Brody is how much he loves his PJ's- I know what your thinking- how much can one 6-yr old boy love his PJ's well I had 2 boys b/f him and I am just learning it is quite a lot!! Brody will set out his PJ's each morning b/f he has even changed out of the ones from the night b/f- now I love laundry as much as anyone so I make my kidlets wear their PJ's for at least 2-3 sleeps b/f they hit the hamper (judge me if you will) and this causes Brody so much strife he wants to wear new ones every night and he gets quite uppity if anyone has a new pair and he didn't get new ones- which you can imagine with 2 older boys he doesn't get many new ones! I have never seen anyone so excited when I go through the drawers and bring out the "new to you" clothes b/c it means "new" jammies!! So funny to me that he cares so much. We were recently just down at our in-laws for 2 of the cutest little girls baby blessings and First thing when we got there (@ 2pm) Brody asked me which jammies I brought him for sleeping and I had brought him his Mario jammies - which he loves- but he was so sad b/c in his words "Nana and Papa have already seen those why didn't you bring me the dinosaur ones- they haven't seen me in those ones" So funny!!! He brings so much life to our family with his bursting excitement and energy for the middle kid there is no way he will be shafted - there's no way he's gonna let that happen!

1 comment:

  1. I totally missed his birthday!! I feel so bad right now! I have no excuses -- it's on my phone too with a reminder - I apparently didn't read :( I'm so glad you guys had so much fun and going to Conference in SLC -- Awesome. Well tell me Happy Birthday for me and give him a big tight squeeze for me.

    ReplyDelete