Family is Everything

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

13 years and counting

I can't believe I am posting this picture! I have a couple of friends who have posted on their anniversaries and I have loved looking at them on their wedding days. I didn't know them at that time and it has been so fun getting a glimpse into that special day. Here are Cory and I on December 20th, 1997.

We met in Calgary at our single young adults ward through our church- sounds typical but to us its our unique story. Cory's roommate was dating one of my roommates and that was how a "house" friendship began he lived with 3 other boys and I lived with 4 other girls and we began spending time together as houses of friends. It was the beginning of summer when my roommates were headed home to work and his whole house was moving home that he asked me for a date at first I was very hesitant because he is a few years older than me and had returned from his mission and all the girls reading this know exactly what I was thinking at the tender age of 19 being asked for a date from a RM but we began dating and 3 weeks later I ended it knowing where I was headed if I didn't - one long weekend later we were back on and going fast just 3 months of dating and he asked me to marry him under a shower of fireworks, flares, signs with canoes and police - great story- ask me about it! And a short 3 months after that we were waiting for our chance to say "Yes" I remember as I took his hand before the ceremony began he was shaking quite a bit and I thought that was so funny because he had been the one who was certain the whole time and at that moment I felt so calm... so I winked at him and everyone on that side behind him got a giggle out of that. 13 years later - 2 years of school, 5 jobs, 8 moves, 5 kids, 7 cars, 1 dog, 3 fish, countless inside jokes later he is my best friend and it just keeps getting better.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww...congratulations! How great to have an anniversary so close to Christmas - so many happy memories all in the same month. Hope you guys had a great day, and I love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you look like you were thirteen, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete